This article is about how to find a real estate agent in Jacksonville. Its actually very simple to do! All you need to do is type in any variation of the phrase “real estate agent” in a search engine such as Google or Bing, for example. When the search is done, browse the list of service providers in your area.
When buying or selling a home, however, it pays to do a little more digging to find a good real estate agent – one who goes above the call of duty to accomplish more and in less time.
How to Find a Real Estate Agent in Jacksonville
In this post, we’ll share tips for identifying an experienced & reputable real estate agent:
- Use the Right Tools – A more credible way to find a real estate agent in Jacksonville is via Realtor.com. The Find a REALTOR tool provides an easy way for users to connect with licensed agents who have a proven history of success while adhering to the market’s Code of Ethics.
- Refer to People in Your Circle – One of the best strategies for finding a real estate agent in Jacksonville is to turn to those who have already walked in your shoes. Make a few calls to family or friends who have recently bought or sold a home and ask for referrals.
- Go to Open Houses – See a potential agent live in action by attending an open house. You get to see how the agent presents the home for sale and if any extras are added to entice potential buyers.
One of the rules of thumb for finding any type of service professional is to first create a shortlist of prospects. Next, make a few calls to get important questions answered, such as the:
Years in Business
Areas of Speciality
Fees and Disclosures
What to Expect
Once you’ve identified a good candidate, you can expect the following tasks to be marked off your home selling checklist:
- Fast Marketing – The home should be placed on the market in a timely manner and in a variety of marketing channels. Most skilled agents use 100 or more of the most popular real estate marketing sites to get maximum exposure.
- Best Pricing – The listing price should match comparable sales records in the local market.
- Open Communication Lines – To get the best experience, you need an agent who keeps you informed every step of the way. If new offers are received, for example, the real estate agent should exchange this important development in a timely manner.
The Take-Home Message
In today’s real estate market, it’s very simple to obtain a license. However, not all agents do the job equally. It’s up to discerning home sellers to weed out “average agents” and instead set their eyes on top performers who will fulfill goals faster.
Oceanpointe Realty is one such service provider. To consult with us,